The Image Manager is available only to organization officials and/or staff. The database holds four copies of each image; these are known as the Full-size image, Preview image, Thumbnail image and Icon image.
- The Preview image is used by the Image Editor.
- The Thumbnail image is used on website pages such as the Past Events and Gallery page. Hover over the thumbnail to see the Alternate Text, click it to see the full-size image.
- The Icon image is used by the Image Table.
The Image Manager consists of three components:
You can choose which components to display on the page by selecting them using the checkboxes at the top of the Image Manager.
The image table is a list of all images held in the database. The table displays the following columns:
Edit, Update, Title, Filename, Category, Picture Date, Added By, Icon, Delete
- Edit - this button column is only visible when the Image Editor is also on display. Click the Edit button to select the image in the Image Editor.
- Update - checkbox column to select images for updating. When an image is updated the Preview, Thumbnail and Icon images are re-drawn. This is for use when an image has been uploaded to the site but the smaller images have not yet been created. Click the Update button to perform the update.
- Title - The image title, defaults to filename.
- Filename - the name of the full-size image file e.g. myImage.jpg.
- Category - what type of image this is: Clip Art, Event Photo, Premises Photo, Person Photo, Graphic for Website, Other Graphic, Other, Logo, Animation. Providing a category helps users to find the image they require.
- Picture Date - the date on which the picture was taken (would apply to event photos). Providing a date helps users to find the the image they require.
- Added By - The name of the user that uploaded the image onto the site.
- Icon - this column shows the small icon version of the image; click on the icon to see the full-size image, click on the full-size image to return to the Image Table.
- Delete - checkbox column to select all the images you wish to delete from the database. Click the Delete button to go ahead and delete those images selected.
Images can be sorted by Title, Filename, Category, Picture Date or Added By. Click the column heading once to sort in ascending order and again to sort in descending order.
To quickly find the image you are after, use the filtering options above the table. Only images matching all your criteria will be returned. When you have set up your options click "Refresh" to perform the filter.
- Search Expression - enter the expression you are looking for and the following attributes will be searched: Category, Filename, Caption, Alternate Text and Title. If any of those matches, the image will be returned. To cancel a search delete the expression in the text box and click "Refresh" again.
- Category - select the category of image you require from the drop-down list.
- Date - if you know the exact date of the photo you require, enter that date in both the earliest and latest date controls; if you only know the rough date, enter the earliest and latest to filter by a date range. If you are looking for images after a certain date, enter that date in the earliest date control and leave the latest date control blank. If you are looking for images before a certain date, enter that date in the latest date control and leave the earliest date control blank.
- No. of Items per Page - select the number from the drop-down list. If there are more pictures in the database the table will have pages. Select the page number from the links at the top or bottom of the table.
There are buttons underneath the table to perform update and delete tasks:
- Select All for Update - all the images on the visible page will be selected in the Update column.
- Clear All for Update - all selections in the Update column will be cleared.
- Update - for each image selected in the Update column, the Preview, Thumbnail and Icon images will be re-drawn.
- Select All for Delete - all the images on the visible page will be selected in the Delete column.
- Clear All for Delete - all selections in the Delete column will be cleared.
- Delete - each image selected in the Delete column will be deleted from the database.
The Image Editor consists of the directory, preview and attributes. There is no filtering available in the Image Editor itself. To filter, ensure both the Image Table and Image Editor are visible and use the filtering options on the Image Table. Select the image you require by clicking the Edit button, the image will be selected in the Image Editor.
The directory is the full list of image titles. Select the image you want from the list.
The preview shows a small version of your image. Click on the preview to see the full-size image. Click the full-size image to return the to the Editor.
The attributes are available for you to provide information about the image:
- Title - your title to identify the image in the Image Grid or Editor. Defaults to filename without extension.
- Alternate Text - will be displayed as a tooltip when the mouse is hovered over the thumbnail image. Write a short description of the image. Defaults to filename without extension.
- Caption - can be used to give detailed information about the image. This could be used on the website or for reference when browsing the Image Manager. Defaults to filename without extension.
- Picture Date - where appropriate enter the date of the image e.g. for an event photo enter the date of the event.
- Category - select the category that best describes the image.
- Added by - this cannot be edited. Where available, the name of the user that uploaded the image will be displayed.
Always click "Save Details" when you have modified an image's attributes.
The Image Uploader is for you, the user, to put your images, relevant to the organization, up on the website. For example you may have taken some digital photos at a recent organization event. You do not need to worry about the size of the images you upload as all images are constrained to a maximum of 600 x 600 pixels when saved. However, it is worth remembering that an excessively large file will take a long time to upload.
To upload your images do the following:
1. Click the Browse button, a "Choose File" window will appear. Here you browse for the image file on your computer. You are only allowed to select one file, click "Open". The window closes and the path to your file appears in the Browse textbox. Alternatively you could type the path to your file in the Browse textbox.
2. Click the "Add" button to add the image to the "Files to be uploaded" list below. You must click the "Add" button because only files in the list below will be uploaded to the website. The purpose of the list is to allow you to upload more than one file at once.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each image file you wish to upload. The full list of image files to be uploaded will appear in the in the "Files to be uploaded" listbox. You can select a file and click "Remove" to remove it from the list if you wish.
4. Once you have all the files you wish to upload selected in the the list, you must set your upload options.
Filename - in the case that there is already a file with the same name on the website you must choose whether to
- replace the existing image file with this one
allow the computer to create a unique filename for the image to be uploaded (e.g. change myImage.jpg to myImage_1.jpg). This is the safest option.
- skip the image and not upload it.
Date - you may also specify a date for the images. Only do this if the same date applies to all (or most of) the images to be uploaded. Other attributes can be set after uploading.
Category - if the same category applies to all (or most of) the images to be uploaded, select it now.
5. Click the "Upload" button. The computer will attempt to upload each image in turn. At the end you will receive either a success or error message for each image.
6. The last uploaded image will now be selected in the Image Editor, if it is visible. Use the Image Editor to apply attributes for each of your newly uploaded images.
Can I Try Before I Buy?
Yes! There are two ways:Try our online sandbox
A fully-functional version of myClubhouse with fictitious data for a club named Sandbox Club.Free Trial Offer
Register your interest and then complete a Free Trial Application Form for your club. We will personally set you up with your own fully-functional copy of myClubhouse and if you have an existing membership database, we can convert it to our secure SQL Server database system for a small fee.